Marina Pez Vela currently has 100 slips, and its construction has begun the expansion to 300. Marketing Manager Andrea Vargas says this expansion will make it the largest marina in Central America. New amenities will be added, including four new restaurants, a full-service yacht yard, a 100-ton haul out, and dry storage facility.
Since opening in 2010, Marina Pez Vela has made guests feel like part of a family. “We are able to deliver anything you need directly to your boat by golf cart. Our staff of service attendants offer personalized attention to our guests’ needs,” Vargas says.
Visit nearby Manuel Antonio National Park, which has been mentioned as one of the twelve most beautiful national parks in the world. The park is considered one of the most bio-diverse areas in the world. Sportfishing ranks highest among many activities at Marina Pez Vela with sailfish, marlin, tuna, dorado, and wahoo among some of the trophies available to catch. Ziplining, surfing, boogie boarding, parasailing, jet skiing, kayaking, snorkeling, and horseback riding will also keep you busy.
Provisions and Amenities:
• Floating concrete dock system
• Dockside electricity – 30, 50 100 amp connections, single- and three-phase
• Potable water at every slip
• Dock boxes at each slip
• Free sanitary pump out capabilities at each slip
• Dock attendants at your service from 6AM to 6PM
• Medical and emergency services available (Coast Guard, Red Cross, fire station, private medical clinics, regional hospital, non-emergency or special needs issues)
• Complementary Wi-Fi at every slip
• Trash disposal, fully stocked marine store on site
• Waste removal and recycling program
• 24-hour security
• Ample parking
By Laura Dunn, Southern Exposure