Southern Boating is proud to be one of the few remaining privately owned consumer boating publications in the U.S. Southern Boating was launched in 1972 by Skip Allen, an ardent sailor, yachtsman and publisher, whose lifelong career was in the marine industry. Skip’s greatest love was his family, and he instilled a love of everything boating and marine-related in each of his six children and seven grandchildren. An icon in the industry, Skip spearheaded group boating trips to the Bahamas long before flotillas and rendezvous were commonplace. Southern Boating remains the South’s largest boating magazine, and Skip’s legacy lives on as his son, Skip Allen, Jr., continues as Publisher. The company is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Southern Boating Magazine
Since its inception 43 years ago, Southern Boating continuously aims to bring the best of the boating lifestyle to our readers. Each issue includes editorial reviews of vessels 30-100 feet; cruising destinations with detailed resources; innovative marine products for you and your boat; groundbreaking electronics and projects for the do-it-yourselfer; interesting interviews; boating events; fresh, onboard recipes, and much more. Our columnists share their local knowledge for six regional updates from the Chesapeake Bay to southern Florida, The Bahamas, Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico to keep mariners updated on their preferred cruising grounds. Our pages encompass the adventure, luxury and unique spirit that the nautical lifestyle evokes, and we strive to inspire a new passion and love for the water and boating with each issue.
More of Southern Boating
In addition to the monthly print publication, Southern Boating also offers:
- Southern Boating digital edition: Subscribe here to receive the digital version of our print publication for convenient access on your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Southern Exposure: Our free monthly, subscription-based email newsletter delivered directly to your inbox between each issue release. Currently, Southern Exposure features interviews with interesting marine industry people, new boat launches, marina spotlights, and product releases. Click here to subscribe.
- SouthernBoating.com has been completely redesigned with a clean new look, contains additional content not seen in the magazine, and much more is planned for the future! Expanded features, up-to-date regional news, products for the whole family, and an insider’s look into people and places in the marine industry are all at your fingertips as your go-to online resource. Explore these great features:
• Log onto SouthernBoating.com on ANY smart device or tablet—the design is completely responsive to the device so that the website page adjusts to the device you use.
• Search anywhere on the site to find the articles you want.
• Share articles with your friends and family via Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest.
• Boating calendar: Download future boating events directly from our calendar to yours: Community>Calendar.
• Find gear, products and accessories for your boat, for you, and for your kids and “kritters”: Gear.
• Read about rendezvous, boat shows and coverage of other events: Events.
• Get further information or contact us regarding subscriptions, advertising opportunities, freelance submissions, etc.: Contact Us.