Host to the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show—the world’s largest in-water boat show—Bahia Mar Yachting Center is an internationally-known marina with access to seven miles of beach and invigorating water sports such as scuba diving, parasailing, waterskiing, and jet skiing.
LXR Luxury Marinas’ Vice President of Marina Operations Kevin Quirk describes Bahia Mar as an icon in the marina business, with 250 slips for boats up to 300-foot vessels. Marina guests have full access to the resort pools, restaurants and stores. Not only does Quirk call long-term employees their greatest asset (for outstanding service), but he considers Bahia Mar’s guests to be the greatest clientele in boating. “Many have been return customers for years,” says Quirk, “because Bahia Mar is where you go to make some real friends for life.”
Spread over 40 acres, Bahia Mar is in the epicenter of a cruiser’s paradise. The beach (accessible by Bahia Mar’s signature hotel skywalk), shopping, restaurants, and nightclubs are all within walking distance of the marina. Plenty of onsite rental shops offer vacationers numerous options. No matter what the age, everyone in the family can enjoy expeditions like a glass-bottom boat tour, Jungle Queen cruise, Spirit of Fort Lauderdale Catamaran, Flamingo Drift fishing, fishing fleet charters, or a water taxi service for a great alternative to road traffic. Best Boat Rentals offers boats, bicycles, paddleboards, kayaks, and boating safety classes. The Sea Experience Dive Shop is open daily to assist with diving supplies and gear.
Along with the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show from October 31 to November 4, Bahia Mar hosts events like TrawlerFest, Melges carbon fiber sailboat races, and the Fort Lauderdale beach concert series.
Future plans include a captain’s lounge by the end of the year. Opening September 1st will be a new Ship Store by their partners at National Marine Suppliers.
Other Marina Features/Services:
• 100 megayacht berths, accommodating vessels up to 250 feet
• Electrical service from 30-amp / 110-volt to 3-phase 480-volt
• Sanitary pump-out service available at each slip
• Marine fuel station, with 6 pumps capable of dispensing over 100 gallons per minute – diesel and gasoline are available
• On-site maintenance available daily
• Dockmaster’s office open daily (monitoring VHF Channel 16)
• Dockside check-in service
• Automobile and trailer parking available near the marina
• 24-hour uniformed security
• Two telephone lines per slip (with private phone numbers and voicemail)
• Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access
• Cable television, including HBO
• Laundry, shower, restroom facilities
• Four lighted tennis courts
• The Marina Store has provisions, nautical wear, resort logo items, gifts, and sundries
• World-class yacht brokerage and management on site, such as Camper Nicholson, Feadship, Nautique, and Lazzara Yachts
To reserve a slip or for information about Bahia Mar’s Fort Lauderdale marina, contact dock master Christina Russell at (800) 755-9558.
Bahia Mar Resort & Yachting Center
801 Seabreeze Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
(954) 764-2233 – Kevin Quirk
(800) 755-9558 – Christina Russell
By Laura Dunn, Southern Exposure