By George Otto ~ January 21st, 2014. Filed under: Current Issue.
Marina Spotlight — Golfito Marina Village, Costa Rica
Marina Village opens in 2014
with top-notch service
and luxurious accommodations.
Nestled in Golfito Bay between the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea and surrounded by breathtaking tropical rainforests on the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica, Golfito Marina Village & Resort offers a safe harbor and lavish resort for a getaway unlike any other.
By Christine Carpenter
Golfito Marina Village & Resort’s idyllic location inside the Golfo Dulce Bay in Costa Rica provides more than the usual transient dockage, with access to the country’s national parks—a quarter of the nation’s land is set aside for that purpose—and lush surroundings that will remain a preserved natural sanctuary. Set outside the hurricane zone, Golfito Bay offers safe harbor for your vessel and a lavish retreat for you. Phase One of Golfito Marina Village includes the floating and fixed docks, service yard with dry storage, the Fisherman’s Village, a floating island restaurant and club, white sand beaches, private villas, 50 residential units, spa and fitness facilities with swimming pools, and crew housing.
Golfito’s state of the art, Blue Flag-certified marina will have 122 slips for boats 40′ to 80′, 6 slips for megayachts up to 200′ and 4 slips for superyachts up to 350′, with dry storage for 50 boats up to 40′. Environmentally-conscious standards and a lengthy list of amenities for you and your vessel will impress, with staff and security on call 24/7 to monitor and service any need. The surrounding rainforest is one of the most ecologically diverse places on the planet. Eco-adventures, sport fishing, snorkeling, rainforest hikes and tours, canopy zip lining, kayaking, horseback riding, bird watching, surfing, and sunbathing on the pristine sandy beaches await you. Unwind at one of four unique restaurants or bars that offer all organically monitored, non-GMO, locally grown and harvested foods. While attentive staff tends to your boat, forego rainforest adventures for a day to relax at the spa with all the traditional services, plus state-of-the-art detox and weight-loss treatments.
With more comforts than home, an ecologically enriched surrounding, top-notch staff, safe harbor, and all the native flavors, make Golfito Marina & Village one of your must-see destinations for 2014!
- Vessel bottom cleaning services
- Flash freeze icing and packaging facilities
- Onsite car rental
- Onsite bank and ATM services
- Onsite Government and documentation process office
- Water taxi to neighboring local restaurants and islands
- Fire and Police patrol boats
- 24/7 Security
- Delivery of fresh fruits, vegetables and meats to your yacht from monitored, locally grown organic farms
- 250′ long fuel dock with high volume (100 GPM) filtered fuel pumps
- Fully equipped service yard with 15-ton travel lift for direct retrieval from the water
- Certified waste station
- Complimentary shuttle service throughout the resort
- Onsite live bait and tackle shop
- Jet skis, parasailing and adventure sport rentals are available onsite
- Charter fishing yachts with local expert captains
- Tourist information center
- Permit for private helicopters to land directly on yachts
- Blue Star Marina Standards
- Personal resort service crew and concierge 24/7